Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Decision...

Looking at the variety of accommodation I must make a decision, I could chose to stay at a high class hotel in the middle of the town center, have access to immediate and easy transportation, and consequently will have a limited interaction with fellow travelers. Or alternatively I could stay at one of the many motels rather close to the city center yet again with limited contact with the occupants as most of these locations have self-contained rooms. apart from home-stay opportunities in the outskirts of the city I can chose to stay at a local backpacker accommodation. These hostels are usually occupied by young ambitious travelers on tight budgets, and yet it is from these travelers that amazing stories of kinship and spontaneity are born. So I choose to stay for a few days at Backpacker hostel and the following few days at the hotel. I feel that from this split choice I will be able to experience two extremes of traveling styles, and reflect on the impressions that both will leave on my identity as a traveler. I will be able to gage the different people I will meet and draw conclusions about my theory on traveling styles in relation to identity formation.

No comments:

Post a Comment